Tuesday, January 30, 2007

My laptop is on it's last legs...

My laptop has been my life for the past year, and I'm afraid we are going to have to part ways very soon. The hinges have been broken for a month or two. It started with some minor stress fractures at the hinge points, and now for the first time today I was unable to close it completely. I also have to balance to monitor on a box so it won't slowly bend backwards.

Fortunately, it is still under warranty, and I can get it replaced in about a week. However, I'm not sure if I'm ready to be without it for 7 to 10 days. I have a desktop in the house, which I could definitely use, but there's just something so comforting about working on a machine that's all mine.

I had hope that it would be able to stay the course until I went on "maternity leave" in March and wouldn't need it so much. But today my confidence in that plan diminished. :(

1 comment:

Veronica said...

aw...that sucks. I know what you mean, I am attached (physically and emotionally) to mine. ;)