Thursday, January 18, 2007

Homebirth preparations

I spent today getting all of my homebirth ducks in a row. It's amazing that even though Sophie is only two years old, I've forgotten a lot of this stuff. I ordered my homebirth paperwork kit from the county, and I think there's information on there about all of the post-natal tests I need to take the new baby too. I remember taking Sophie in for a test where they pricked her foot and made her bleed onto a card, but I'm not sure how to arrange that. I hope the packet includes that information.

I also arranged to rent my birthing tub, which I am so excited about. The lady hadn't called me back yet (I called on Monday) so I was starting to worry. The birthing tub was so essential last time, I couldn't imagine having this baby without one.

Finally, I ordered my homebirth kit with all of the necessary supplies and good herbal stuff for before and after the baby.

Now I just need to get my house in order...and I'm all set! 8 more weeks to go!

3 comments:

Veronica said...

Wow! 8 weeks seem SO soon. I'm scared for you. :)
I was such a chicken with Ethan...I used to wake Albert and say, "I'm gonna have to push this baby out of such a small hole!"
Fun times, fun times.

Diane said...

How exciting! My last was born in a tub also, and it was great, or would have been if labor wouldn't have been so fast that she was out before the tub was filled lol.

Either way, I'll be thinking about you!

Veronica said...

Okay, I found a great way to show you the pages I've been working on (scapbooking)...
http://acrazyscrapbookingmama.blogspot.com/

I think,you should, well, if you have the chance to, post yours too!! I would love to share ideas with you. PLEASE!!! Hey, where have you been girlie?

I think I went comma crazy on that sentence. Sorry :)