Monday, February 05, 2007

Motivation at an all time low?

Maybe it's the pregnancy or maybe it's because my birthday is tomorrow (ahem) but I am finding the hardest time working lately. I can't stay focused, I can't get myself to sit at the laptop...and right now it is more important than ever that I put my nose to the grindstone.

It's so hard to work when the sun is shining and I want to take my family to the zoo. Spring is in the air here. It always is in February. Then we have a rainy March and April, and then it's back to Spring for a month. The sap is rising and my patience with sitting at my kitchen table is waning.

How do you stay motivated when you absolutely don't want to write anymore?

5 comments:

Diane said...

Happy, Happy Birthday to you! Or as my little Sophia would say, "It's your birthday. Go Mommy." LOL

Courtney said...

Too cute! :)

Veronica said...

hmmm that's tough.... I procrastinate. :D

Robert said...

wish u a very happy birthday !!!.... i liked the way you have expressed your thoughts here.... i would surely love to visit your blog again.... well u can too drop by My Blog sometimes... hope u will find it interesting...!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I think you have the springtime cabin fever!

I've got it too.

Can you bribe yourself? (For example, if I get so much done Monday through Thursday I'm going to take Friday off and go to the zoo with the kids.)

Sometimes self-bribing works for me. Sometimes it doesn't.