Saturday, February 24, 2007

No baby yet!

And I'm kind of glad. I've been experiencing what I like to call the "second baby syndrome." Whereas last time I was nesting at 20 weeks, making lists, taking belly pictures, writing down my thoughts...this time I feel completely disinterested in all of that stuff. I'm much more focused on the time after she is born.

Last time, I was so focused on the pregnancy and birth, the newborn period hit me like a Mac truck. I had no idea what I was doing (but really, what new mother does?) and I felt off kilter for months and months trying to find my bearings. I think I've been mentally preparing for that rather than physically preparing my space.

However, this has left me woefully unprepared for the new baby.

I need to get my house in some semblance of order this week...just in case. I've also got to get my birth tub over here, and prepare all of my homebirth supplies. My kit arrived last week, and I haven't even unpacked it yet. I've realized that there is no longer tons of time to get the house sorted, get clutter out of my closets and cook meals for the freezer.

I've got to get my butt moving!

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Hey, girlie...no baby yet...
I keep asking Albert...thanks for keeping me posted. ;)

private said...

You are nesting!

I know what you mean about things, though. When I had my second there wasn't time to set around and do much preparing!