Monday, November 06, 2006

Things that have helped me in the past year

If you've tried to make money online, you know that not every business can be started on a wing and a prayer. You need FUNDS to get you going. When I quit my job last November, we were definitely in dire straights for a few months. I was excited about a lot of the opportunities I read about, but didn't have the money at the time for web hosting, a web designer, etc.

You may be in the same position. Starting a real, growth oriented business may be long term goal...but in the interim, you need some cold hard cash.

Fortunately, last fall I found a great ebook called Emergency Cash Generators that really helped us out of some tight spots. I only used 2 or 3 of the money making ideas (there are over 100), but it was well worth it. In fact, with just one technique (the "eBay arbitrage method") I made enough for our Christmas shopping.

Another idea, if you like to write or are passionate about a subject, is submitting articles to Associated Content. I really go back and forth about "AC." While they are underpaid, compared to some of my other freelancing sources these days,they do pay quickly and consistently. You can also write about whatever you like, and there are no specific deadlines. This is a great way to pick up some extra cash. If you do end up joining, drop me a line and I'll become part of your network there.

Finally, eBay has been a great way to earn some extra money in tight spots. I've built over 100 positive feedback ratings by selling things around the house.

No comments: