Friday, March 30, 2007

My blog is having an identity crisis

I've been trying to decide what direction my blog should go for a few months now. I put the decision off until after the baby, and now I've come to the point where I need to make the decision.

The original purpose of this blog was just to get me blogging...so I threw everything together-mommy stuff, organization, writing, marketing-and everything else I'm involved in online and off. It's evolved into a mismash of topics, and I'm not sure where to go from here.

One one hand, I want my blog to reflect my life in all of its aspects. The concept of being a multiple stream mama is familiar to many of you, I'm sure, as you balance projects, children and life in general.

However, I realize the benefits of having a professional blog and a personal blog. Keeping those parts of my blogging life seperate is something that I have considered, and something that I have seen a lot of fellow bloggers do.

Then the question becomes: what becomes of this blog? Does this become a personal blog, a writing blog, a marketing blog or stay a little of each? At this point, I'm not sure. Any opinions? Do any of you have multiple purpose blogs, or do you have single minded blogs?

3 comments:

Veronica said...

well, I am not as busy as you. BUT...I have 2 blogs. One where I complain about life (school, home, Albert, Ethan, periods..heheh.) pretty much anything goes. That's why it's called Mental notes. haha
The other is for my passion (scrapbooking). Seeing that you have a passion for writing. I would say have several blogs. One for writing, another for personal stuff, and one for marketing. :)

Anonymous said...

Have you thought about having multiple blogs (or do you even have time)? I can see that you seem to need a personal blog and a writing blog and I think both could be popular. You might even want a "mommy blog" so you can document what you experience with your new little one.

Just my two cents!

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of maybe creating a couple of different blogs (if you have the time). One for mommy stuff and one for writing stuff. Of course since you are a writing mother, you could tailor your one blog to that. And maybe keep it at those two topics. I'm sure other writing moms would love to read your blog. :) Personally, I can only keepup with one blog, and I have no kids, so writing was my pick.