and I'm itching to get back to work. It's not so much the work that I miss, it's the routine. I am a creature of habit, and having an unpredictable newborn, along with an unpredictable toddler is making me uneasy. Also, having my husband home with me has been wonderful but has me off kilter.
As insane as it sounds, I really enjoyed editing some articles today. It felt good to be "back to work" even in just that small aspect. I opened my laptop for the first time in two weeks and it felt like revisting an old friend. As small as this practice was, it was comforting to have some semblance of a routine.
The baby is doing well, and so I am I. As of our last doctor's appointment, she was still under birth weight, which has us a little concerned. We're figuring out feeding routines and supplementing. Otherwise, she's doing just great.
I'm bouncing back emotionally and physically much faster than last time, but I'm still happy this was my last baby. Three is the perfect number, and as an added bonus I only had to carry and deliver two!
Sunday, March 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations!!! Ease yourself back into work when you're ready. In the meantime, enjoy the time with your little one.
Post a Comment